I See You

I see you. I am gazing into your vast dark with my white-blue eyes;

You of this viscous space.  You and your hand-made wise.

I fear you’ll shout, “Move along now! There is nothing here to see!”

Though you’d be wrong.  You’d be speaking only of the bark on the birch tree;

That sways and bends in the howling, blowing, keening wind … yet

Does not break.  It gives little shade to those who seek solace in the TV set.

I suppose I played an unplanned game of hide-and-seek.  Counting one, two, three.

Hoping mightily that none would try hard enough to find me.

I am tricky to find, you see, buried down and down, so deep;

Beneath years of books and words and thoughts piled steep.

We who dwell in the Land of Law we value thought and reason above all;

And strive from the first year in school to wrap emotion in a pall.

Amid the soaring, sailing song, I heard a crack in my heart’s protective wall that did;

Allow a pouring out of pain, and love, and empathy amid;

A rip, a tear, a tiny thread pulled loose and the darkness deepened;

I saw clearly in each heart my own.  Seven voices rising did sweeten;

The sound of hallelujah rocketed, skyward on a river of song.

I see you.  I am gazing into your vast dark.  I realize it’s you, my friend I’ve known my whole lifelong.

7 Responses to I See You
  1. Marcia Mount Shoop
    November 12, 2012 | 2:12 pm

Beautiful, Amy. I see you and “in each heart my own–yes, there is such truth in that. So thankful, still.
    Peace,
    Marcia

2. Elise
    November 12, 2012 | 3:10 pm

Beautiful – I recognize us all!

3. เรแบน
    January 30, 2015 | 6:44 pm

By working on this, you don’t have to brave severe weather, traffic jam, and
    the city smog; all of which are not sensational, by the way-just so you can get your hands on a pair of fashionable glasses.

One: The winner of the game gets to select one of their opponent’s cards to take.

The video invokes the aspects of youth, fun, and passion for life that’s the heart of Rayban Wayfarer glasses.
    The specific nasal location shields must feature
    your interlock RB logo, not genuinely the text Ray Exclude.

4. weight loss
    February 14, 2015 | 10:05 am

Very low calorie diets can cause unhealthy and unnatural amounts of weight loss in a short period of time.
    Some cases of minerals vitamins overdose could have fatal consequences.

Water also helps regulate your metabolism, which is very important to the dieting and weight
    loss process.

5. m88 เข้าไม่ได้
    February 17, 2015 | 10:25 am

It’s awesome in favor of me to have a site, which
    is helpful in favor of my experience. thanks admin

6. m88
    February 20, 2015 | 7:27 am

Write more, thats all I have too say. Literally, it seems
    as thoug you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your
    weblog when you could be giving us something informative tto read?

7. Beards Are In Style 2014
    March 6, 2015 | 4:27 am

I like the helpful information you supply to
    your articles. I will bookmark your blog and take a
    look at once more here regularly. I am relatively sure I will be informed
    many new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the
    next!