I See You

I see you. I am gazing into your vast dark with my white-blue eyes;

You of this viscous space.  You and your hand-made wise.

I fear you’ll shout, “Move along now! There is nothing here to see!”

Though you’d be wrong.  You’d be speaking only of the bark on the birch tree;

That sways and bends in the howling, blowing, keening wind … yet

Does not break.  It gives little shade to those who seek solace in the TV set.

I suppose I played an unplanned game of hide-and-seek.  Counting one, two, three.

Hoping mightily that none would try hard enough to find me.

I am tricky to find, you see, buried down and down, so deep;

Beneath years of books and words and thoughts piled steep.

We who dwell in the Land of Law we value thought and reason above all;

And strive from the first year in school to wrap emotion in a pall.

Amid the soaring, sailing song, I heard a crack in my heart’s protective wall that did;

Allow a pouring out of pain, and love, and empathy amid;

A rip, a tear, a tiny thread pulled loose and the darkness deepened;

I saw clearly in each heart my own.  Seven voices rising did sweeten;

The sound of hallelujah rocketed, skyward on a river of song.

I see you.  I am gazing into your vast dark.  I realize it’s you, my friend I’ve known my whole lifelong.

13 Responses to I See You
  1. Marcia Mount Shoop
    November 12, 2012 | 2:12 pm

Beautiful, Amy. I see you and “in each heart my own–yes, there is such truth in that. So thankful, still.
    Peace,
    Marcia

2. Elise
    November 12, 2012 | 3:10 pm

Beautiful – I recognize us all!

3. เรแบน
    January 30, 2015 | 6:44 pm

By working on this, you don’t have to brave severe weather, traffic jam, and
    the city smog; all of which are not sensational, by the way-just so you can get your hands on a pair of fashionable glasses.

One: The winner of the game gets to select one of their opponent’s cards to take.

The video invokes the aspects of youth, fun, and passion for life that’s the heart of Rayban Wayfarer glasses.
    The specific nasal location shields must feature
    your interlock RB logo, not genuinely the text Ray Exclude.

4. weight loss
    February 14, 2015 | 10:05 am

Very low calorie diets can cause unhealthy and unnatural amounts of weight loss in a short period of time.
    Some cases of minerals vitamins overdose could have fatal consequences.

Water also helps regulate your metabolism, which is very important to the dieting and weight
    loss process.

5. m88 เข้าไม่ได้
    February 17, 2015 | 10:25 am

It’s awesome in favor of me to have a site, which
    is helpful in favor of my experience. thanks admin

6. m88
    February 20, 2015 | 7:27 am

Write more, thats all I have too say. Literally, it seems
    as thoug you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your
    weblog when you could be giving us something informative tto read?

7. Beards Are In Style 2014
    March 6, 2015 | 4:27 am

I like the helpful information you supply to
    your articles. I will bookmark your blog and take a
    look at once more here regularly. I am relatively sure I will be informed
    many new stuff proper right here! Good luck for the
    next!

8. Happy Diwali 2015
    April 27, 2015 | 2:26 pm

azsv asv ax

9. Jigsaw puzzles can be made from your own photographs, pictures or any piece of print you have.

After painting it with gray dry brush it with white paint but this time make sure it’s a very light dry brushing.
    Page magnifiers for the visually impaired are easy to order and come in many shapes and sizes.
    They are formulated to filter ultraviolet energy in the 360-nm and lower band.

10. You will discover apparent together with frosted linens.
    The sky was painted with medium blue tones of acrylic paint.
    These four silicone bowls are perfect for measuring and pouring dry spices.
    This holiday is a perfect opportunity for learning U.

11. Wet the cloth with the soapy water and gently wipe your acrylic frame to
    remove any dust or other impurities. CNC controlled machines carry
    out plastic machining. Students should demonstrate that they shade
    from the center of the eye outwards to fill in eye color. Acrylic’s full name is Poly (Methyl Methacrylate)
    or P.

12. They help in enhancing overall look of the room,
    covering up a poor ceiling job done, and just about any kind of defect.
    Styrofoam, aluminum and vinyl moldings are primarily used for exterior decorative purposes.
    The American Bourgeois Fashion aesthetic doesn’t translate well
    for the Japanese, who have a different point of view.
    Other options to create custom shower curtains include adding a pretty ribbon, tie-dying,
    painting with stencils, and the list goes on.

13. The advantage with these messenger travel bags is that they have a large imprint area that is convenient for imprinting for promotional purposes.

5) The other important options like size, shape and framing can be
    key in receiving a contemporary ketubah design. It’s style and function almost mimics that of a smart phone’s texting app,
    which many will find more useful. David pondered these words for a moment, and
    then spoke “It shall be as you wish.